[Devel] Re: [lxc-devel] Memory Resources

Krzysztof Taraszka krzysztof.taraszka at gnuhosting.net
Sun Aug 23 17:58:23 PDT 2009

2009/8/23 Daniel Lezcano <daniel.lezcano at free.fr>

(...)

> With the lxc tools I did:
>
>        lxc-execute -n foo /bin/bash
>        echo 268435456 > /cgroup/foo/memory.limit_in_bytes
>        mount --bind /cgroup/foo/memory.meminfo /proc/meminfo
>        for i in $(seq 1 100); do sleep 3600 & done

(...)

> :)

hmmm... I think that access to the cgroup inside container is very risk
because I am able to manage for example memory resources (what if I am not
the host owner and... I can give me via non-secure mounted /cgroup (inside
container) all available memory resources...).
I think that the /proc/meminfo should be pass to the container in the other
way, but this is the topic for the other thread.