[Devel] Community of OpenVZ here in Brazil

Thiago Avelino thiagoavelinoster at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 21:05:11 PDT 2009

To whom this may concern;

My name is Thiago Avelino and I'm the current leader for the CentOS
community in Brazil. The reason why I'm writing this email is two
fold: to inform the OpenVZ project about some of my projects related to
OpenVZ and to get some further information in order to proceed with my
plans.

I want to start an official (as in supported and vouched for) OpenVZ
community in Brazil with the aim of proliferate the knowledge about
this great open source project amongst the GNU/Linux users down here
as well as promote install fests and provide support for said users
via the use of localized documentation, an IRC presence, and a forum.
It is my interest to also strike partnerships with enterprises who may
be interested in using and contributing to the project. I have a
strong background in hosting mirrors for the CentOS project and would
also be interested in hosting a local mirror for OpenVZ. I can discuss
about the technical details (for instance, I have a server with 100MB
of uplink) in case you need them.

I wanted to know if there is anything that needs to be done (a
protocol to follow if you will) in order to get your "blessing" on
this enterprise. I'd love to see an official subdomain pointing to a
br.openvz.org or openvz.org/br site where Brazilian users can point their
browsers to whenever they need to get information about the project.

I'd also like to inquire about possibly getting a @openvz.org email address
to represent the project when communicating with collaborators and enterprises?

I thank you in advance for your time and am looking forward to your reply.

Sincerely,

Thaigo Avelino

--
att.

Thiago Avelino
Programador | SysAdmin
Linux User: #484673
Asterisk User: #63483
Digium User: D1039273
São Paulo - SP / Brasil
LSB Certification | LPI Certification | RHCE Certification
www.avelino.us | www.centos-br.org | www.xfce.org