[Devel] Re: container-to-host virtual or loopback kind of interface support

Eric W. Biederman ebiederm at xmission.com
Sat Apr 25 11:51:57 PDT 2009

Elwin Stelzer Eliazer <stelzere at gmail.com> writes:

> Can you explain your answer more on what you refer as "pass in the socket"?
> To my understanding, apache listens only on TCP/IP sockets.

I don't know your entire workflow, and I wasn't talking about modifying
apache.

However it is possible to pass sockets between network namespaces if you
do the proper things when you set them up at the beginning.  So instead
of a relay daemon you could open the socket you will use to talk to
apache and pass it to your application, over a unix domain socket,
or if you can possible at the creation of the network namespace.

Eric