[Devel] Containers roadmap?

Chris R. Jones chris at versecorp.net
Mon Apr 6 14:41:27 PDT 2009

One more question for the experts:

Is there any roadmap out there for when we can see containers support in
kernels for the major distributions (RHEL or SLES in our case)?

When will the feature be enabled by default in the linux kernels?
(containers options aren't enabled by default in 2.6.29.1, for instance).

We've done some prototyping to get our application working with containers and
really like the solution.  But so far we've had to build our own kernel and
and really need to use kernels that come with the distribution.

Any rough estimates when that will be the case?

Thanks,
Chris