[Devel] container-to-host virtual or loopback kind of interface support

Elwin Stelzer Eliazer stelzere at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 15:51:36 PDT 2009

Hi,

I am trying to use network namespace for virtualizing some socket
applications i already have.
These applications interact with Apache through 'lo' 127.0.0.1:nnn sockets
now.
When i virtualize, i do not want to run Apache inside the container, and has
to be outside.
I can not use any non-127.x.x.x IP address for this purpose, or have any
separate "host-only" kind of internal network.
I would appreciate if someone can let me know the options i have to
accomplish this, with network namespace, and 2.6.29 or 2.6.30.

Thanks.

cheers,
Elwin.