[Devel] Re: [Question] power management related with cgroup based resource management

Dong-Jae Kang baramsori72 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 25 01:05:40 PDT 2008

Thank you for your positive opinion about my question

I also hope cgroup framework has good point related with power management
I think I need more re-consideration for it. ^^

How do you think about cgroup based management of new HW devices, for
example, SSD, NVRAM and so on.
Is there any requirement for it ?
and is there any required work for it?
I didn't seriously consider  about that until now.^^ so I don't have cool idea
but, I think it is worthy to find new domain to be applied by existing
technology

thank you.

Best Regards,
Dong-Jae Kang

2008/10/25 Matthew Garrett <mjg at redhat.com>:
> On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 09:24:21PM +0900, Dong-Jae Kang wrote:
>
>> I am interested in power management in server side.
>> and I just wonder this question, "Is there any related point between
>> cgroup framework and power management?"
>
> Not currently, though it would certainly be possible to use cgroups as a
> mechanism for providing application-specific power management.
>
> --
> Matthew Garrett | mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org

   DONG-JAE, KANG
   Senior Member of Engineering Staff
   Internet Platform Research Dept, S/W Content Research Lab
   Electronics and Telecommunications Research Institute(ETRI)
   138 Gajeongno, Yuseong-gu, Daejeon, 305-700 KOREA
   Phone : 82-42-860-1561 Fax : 82-42-860-6699
   Mobile : 82-10-9919-2353 E-mail : djkang at etri.re.kr (MSN)