[Devel] 2.6.26 OpenVZ kernel and VMware

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Fri Oct 24 12:35:27 PDT 2008

Hey all,

	Testing out the OpenVZ 2.6.26 kernel from GIT.

	First question...  What's the best stock .config to use?  I took the
one from 2.6.24-ovz006.2 and did a make oldconfig on it.  Wow.  Quite a
few new options.  Where are the stock kernel configs kept in GIT?

	IAC...  One of the things I run on my test systems are a witches brew
of virtualization.  I will have VirtualBox and VMware running side by
side on an OpenVZ development kernel (yeah, got the radiation burns to
show for it too).

	Ran into a problem with VMware.  Compiling the modules gives me an
error about init_mm.  A little research indicates I needed to add
"CONFIG_UNUSED_SYMBOLS=y" to the config.  This I've now done and am
rebuilding the kernel so I can then reconfigure VMware and then continue
my testing.  Sigh...

	Given that this kernel is not even released, is this a feature request
I should stick in bugzilla?

	Regards,
	Mike