[Devel] Re: [Question] power management related with cgroup based resource management

Balbir Singh balbir at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Fri Oct 24 04:47:14 PDT 2008

Dong-Jae Kang wrote:
> Hi, all
>
> These days, I am interested in green IT area for low power OS
> So, I have a question about it.
> Is there any good idea or comments about power management related with
> cgroup based resource management?
> I have no idea about that, but it seems to be possible to find a good concept.
> And I hope so
> Is it some strange question? ^^

lesswatts.org, linux-pm (mailing list) are good sources on Power Management. I
would recommend asking at those mailing lists (there are several new features
like range timers, no idle hertz, sched_mc consolidation and much more). Could
you be specific about what you are looking for? Are you looking at
Server/Desktop power management?

--
	Balbir