[Devel] Re: container userspace tools

Ian jonhson jonhson.ian at gmail.com
Sat Oct 25 04:06:17 PDT 2008

Dear Daniel,

I have tested the container tools in my VM.
It runs very well. But I can not see any highlight
show via container. I believe that two group of
user's processes (with same uid) can be isolated
via container when both of them access files or
are enforced with different quota. But I don't know
how to get the functionalities run.

Any help?

Thanks in advance.

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 9:11 PM, Daniel Lezcano <dlezcano at fr.ibm.com> wrote:
> Ian jonhson wrote:
>>>
>>> The problem is related to the kernel version you have and a missing
>>> functionality.
>>>
>>> You should use the kernel coming from:
>>>
>>> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/daveh/linux-2.6-lxc.git
>>>

>> It needs not to set "Container support"  if I run with above kernel,
>> right?
>> I have downloaded the source codes.
>
> The container support will enable at the compile time the different features
> in the kernel. I added this kernel option because I was tired to activate
> the different features one by one as described in the README file. If you
> don't specify this option, the container code will be there in the kernel
> but the not active. So you have to set it.

OK, I have activated the "container support" step by step according to
README, but I met a mismatch setting: