[Devel] Can a VE contain the root filesystem?

Vasily Averin vvs at parallels.com
Wed May 14 23:47:06 PDT 2008

杜雨阳 wrote:
> Can VE use the root filesystem as private filesystem?
>
> Scenario: I first installed Oracle without OpenVz, then I installed OpenVz,
> but I do not want to install Oracle again in a VE, I wonder if I can let a VE
> use the original root FS as private FS, then I can use Oracle in VE.

You can bind-mount any parts of host filesystem into VE.
For example you can use per-ve mount script to bind-mount /opt directory to the
/vz/root/<VEID>/opt.

Moreover I think you can try to bind-mount / to some directory inside VE (for
example to /vz/root/<VEID>/hostroot/), then call chroot inside VE.

thank you,
	Vasily Averin