[Devel] nets: status of sysfs with netns

Benjamin Thery benjamin.thery at bull.net
Fri Mar 14 08:38:18 PDT 2008

Eric, Pavel,

I haven't followed everything about the sysfs/netns issue recently and I
think I have missed some of its recent developments in the past weeks.
So I'm wondering what is the current status? Is anyone still working on it?

As several netns patches for IPv4 and IPv6 have already been merged in
net-2.6.26, it would be great to have the sysfs part also to help people
who want test netns.
Right now, it is a pain to boot and test a system with CONFIG_SYSFS=n.

(I know the problem is not trivial and won't be easy to solve. I just
want to be sure it is not forgotten)

Pavel, I've heard you sent (or have) a patch that prevents sysfs access
from a "child" netns. A patch that can be a good workaround until we
have the full thing ready. I can't find it in mailing lists archives,
can you give some hints about where to find it? :)

Thanks a lot.

Benjamin

--
B e n j a m i n   T h e r y  - BULL/DT/Open Software R&D

    http://www.bull.com