[Devel] Re: [patch 8/9] unprivileged mounts: propagation: inherit owner from parent

Miklos Szeredi miklos at szeredi.hu
Tue Jan 15 02:39:08 PST 2008

> Quoting Miklos Szeredi (miklos at szeredi.hu):
> > From: Miklos Szeredi <mszeredi at suse.cz>
> >
> > On mount propagation, let the owner of the clone be inherited from the
> > parent into which it has been propagated.  Also if the parent has the
> > "nosuid" flag, set this flag for the child as well.
>
> What about nodev?

Hmm, I think the nosuid thing is meant to prevent suid mounts being
introduced into a "suidless" namespace.  This doesn't apply to dev
mounts, which are quite safe in a suidless environment, as long as the
user is not able to create devices.  But that should be taken care of
by capability tests.

I'll update the description.

Thanks,
Miklos