[Devel] Re: [vzctl] exec early script at start

b52 at entrap.de b52 at entrap.de
Wed Feb 13 02:31:57 PST 2008

Hi,

actually I and my company would really, really appreciate a pre-mount
script! I am planning to use openvz for productive use in the company. I
have a SAN as storage backend for all the VEs. Because we use several
VZ-Hosts we need that Host to mount the VE storge before mounting /vz/root
simfs.

I tried to use a wrapper script, but after some experimentation in our
environment we decided that this is no option.

I don't think I am the only one who would need such a script and I don't
think it can be too difficult to integrate a /etc/vz/conf/$VEID.premount
and /etc/vz/conf/$VEID.postmount.

If one C-guru could do this, would be perfect!

Please CC me.
Cheers,
Holger