[Devel] Re: container userspace tools

Ian jonhson jonhson.ian at gmail.com
Sat Dec 13 00:18:14 PST 2008

>> They are all there, similar with pid=4506.
>>
>> $ cat /proc/4506/cgroup
>> 255:freezer,devices,memory,cpuacct,cpu,ns,debug,cpuset:/
>> $ cat /proc/4507/cgroup
>> 255:freezer,devices,memory,cpuacct,cpu,ns,debug,cpuset:/4507
>> $ cat /proc/4508/cgroup
>> 255:freezer,devices,memory,cpuacct,cpu,ns,debug,cpuset:/4506
>>

> Are there three containers on the system

No. one container on system. They are parent-child relationship.

> Can you send me the output of <cgroup mount point>/4507/memory.* and
> 4506/memory.*. cgroup mount point can be obtained from /proc/mounts.

There is only the directory of 4507 in <cgroup mount point>, not exist
the 4506. I print the stuff as follows:

$ ls memory.*
memory.failcnt      memory.limit_in_bytes      memory.stat
memory.force_empty  memory.max_usage_in_bytes  memory.usage_in_bytes

$ cat memory.failcnt
0

$ cat memory.force_empty
cat: memory.force_empty: Invalid argument

$ cat memory.limit_in_bytes
9223372036854775807

$ cat memory.max_usage_in_bytes
1236992

$ cat memory.stat
cache 0
rss 851968
pgpgin 879
pgpgout 671
active 851968
inactive 0

I don't know why memory.force_empty can not be printed the content.

Any idea?