[Devel] Re: container userspace tools

Daniel Lezcano daniel.lezcano at free.fr
Fri Dec 12 01:21:43 PST 2008

Ian jonhson wrote:
>> With what version of the kernel due you see this problem. The memory
>> controller is undergoing a churn and I think we found something that
>> potentially breaks the memory controller in the current -mm. To verify
>>
> I am not sure whether the -mm is opened. I just opened the options as
> said in REAEME of lxc-0.3.0. And, the kernel version in my VM is:
> 2.6.27-rc8.

2.6.27.8 is out, perhaps you should try this version which contains the
latest bug fixes.

>> 1. Can you see the memory.usage_in_bytes corresponding to the control
>> group where you run the container
>
> How can I know the number correspond to the control group?

Assuming you created a container named "foo", you should be able
retrieve these values with the following commands:

lxc-cgroup -n foo tasks
lxc-cgroup -n foo memory.usage_in_bytes

The lxc-0.5.1 has been released and it fixes some bugs related with the
cgroup management.