[Devel] Re: container userspace tools

Ian jonhson jonhson.ian at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 23:33:15 PST 2008

Hi again,

> The container will be more or less isolated depending of what you specify in
> the configuration file.
>
> Without any configuration file, you will have pid, ipc and mount points
> isolated. If you specify the utsname, it will be isolated and if you specify
> the network you will have a new network stack allowing to run for example a

I have played with lxc-0.3.0 for several days, trying to transplant
existing applications
on the base of container.

The default configuration can present a view of isolated pid, ipc (e.g. run the
ps or top), however the memory seems not to be isolated. The process in
a container still can see the whole physical memory. Also, my test routine
can still apply more memory than the quota defined in "memory.limit_in_bytes".

Are there anything missing?

Best Regards,

Ian