[Devel] Re: Network namespaces tool

Benjamin Thery benjamin.thery at bull.net
Thu Dec 11 01:17:22 PST 2008

Sargun Dhillon wrote:
> I'm getting an error when I try to compile the netunshare tool.
> Do you have any ideas to the error:
>
> netunshare.c:50: error: conflicting types for 'unshare'
> /usr/include/bits/sched.h:78: error: previous declaration of 'unshare' was here

are you using the netunshare.c found there
http://lxc.sourceforge.net/tools/netunshare.c
?

I'm not sure it's up-to-date.
If that's the case, here is an quickly-updated version which shold work
better for you.

Build it with: gcc -o netunshare -DHAVE_UNSHARE netunshare.c

Also, if you want to play with network namespaces (and containers), you
can try Daniel's excellent liblxc
(http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=163076).

> Additionally, are there any plans to merge in sysfs support into the kernel?

This is a question for Eric I guess.
I don't know what are his plan with the sysfs issue. There are some
stuff to fix in sysfs first, and I don't know if there have been any
progress on this front yet.

Benjamin

B e n j a m i n   T h e r y  - BULL/DT/Open Software R&D

    http://www.bull.com