[Devel] Re: [TESTING] Device whitelist on cgroups

Pavel Emelyanov xemul at openvz.org
Tue Aug 26 07:14:31 PDT 2008

Serge E. Hallyn wrote:
> Quoting Subrata Modak (subrata at linux.vnet.ibm.com):
>> Serge,
>>
>> I have another doubt. Are we also having the plan(s) to add testcases
>> for testing this new feature (Device whitelist on cgroups) added in
>> 2.6.26 under the DEVICE NAMESPACE category !!
>>
>> Regards--
>> Subrata
>
> That's something I expect Veerendra would do next year.  (Veerendra,
> if you have time this year, please let me know).
>
> It also seems likely that the openvz folks, who are using this,
> have some testcases they could share.  Pavel?

We have and we could share them, but unfortunately their
*implementation* is completely useless without the whole
testing infrastructure we use (which it turn is too heavy
and too Virtuozzo-specific to be shared).

All I can is provide a single testcase we perform: set some
permissions and check that the allowed devices are allowed
and not allowed are not allowed ;)