[Devel] [BUG] ULOG problem on stable 2.6.18

Enrico Weigelt weigelt at metux.de
Wed Sep 12 06:39:19 PDT 2007

Hi folks,

I'm just trying the current stable kernel w/ on an amd-k8
and ran into trouble w/ netfilter's ulog target:

    ip_tables: ULOG target: invalid size 44 != 76

I had a look at the web and found out it might be an 32/64 bit
issue (userland's and kernel's int size differs). So I tried
building for generic i586. But this also didn't help.

Some netfilter's changelog on the web tells that issue had
been solved, but probably that's in an newer kernel and not
backported to the ovz kernel yet.

My big problem is that I need the ulog (even if it's silent ;O)
to get the kernel running together with some given firewall script,
since I'd like to add openvz support to an production grade
distro which is used by non-experienced people. Rewriting the
firewall script would probably break the server management
system :(

Maybe someone has an idea that might help ?

thx
	http://patches.metux.de/