[Devel] Couple of rpm requests, 2.6.22

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Tue Sep 11 08:07:45 PDT 2007

Hey all!

	Not sure if I should post this for discussion or just file these
requests in bugzilla.  I'll do both...  :-)

	I've got a couple of requests for some changes in the rpm builds, now
that development is on 2.6.22.

	2.6.22 includes MD5 tcp signatures which are necessary for IPv4
passwords on BGP sessions (quagga w/ password patch).  The default
builds for Fedora 2.6.22 builds include this option but it has not been
enabled in the OpenVZ builds.  Any chance of getting that slipped in for
the next release (which I understand should also fix the netfilter
problems?).

	I also noticed that SIT tunnels for IPv6 are not enabled in the build,
which is a standard default option for all RedHat / Fedora / CentOS
builds.

	The RedHat and Fedora builds include development rpm's.  I maintain a
couple of kernel modules and often build outside of the kernel, so I
need the development bits and pieces.  I'm curious why a "devel" package
isn't similarly provided with the 2.6.22 packages.

	These are sort of show stoppers for me which require I rebuild the rpms
from srpm for some of my systems, where the 2.6.22 kernel is required.

	Regards,
	Mike