[Devel] Re: [RFC] Container mini-summit agenda for Sept 3, 2007

Paul Menage menage at google.com
Mon Sep 3 02:03:06 PDT 2007

On 9/3/07, Cedric Le Goater <clg at fr.ibm.com> wrote:

>         http://download.openvz.org/~xemul/minisummit.odp

I notice ?s against "Task scheduler" and "Network scheduler".

Is "Task scheduler" meant to represent "CPU scheduler" or "task count
limit". If the former, CFS in the mainline should provide a lot of
what we need, and has already been linked with task containers by
Srivatsa Vaddagiri.

Network scheduling is already fairly advanced in Linux - all we need
is a way to be able to feed container information into existing Linux
traffic control concepts. We've played with an approach that lets us
tag a container with a particular id, and then use that id as the
primary classifier in a standard HTB controller, and it seems to be
fairly successful.

Paul