[Devel] Re: [RFC] cpuset update_cgroup_cpus_allowed

Paul Jackson pj at sgi.com
Mon Oct 15 22:20:17 PDT 2007

> Will do - I justed wanted to get this quickly out to show the idea
> that I was working on.

Ok - good.

In the final analysis, I'll take whatever works ;).

I'll lobby for keeping the code "simple" (a subjective metric) and poke
what holes I can in things, and propose what alternatives I can muster.

But so long as setting a cpusets 'cpus' in 2.6.24 leads, whether by my
historical "rewrite the pid to its own 'tasks' file" hack, or by a
proper solution such as you have advocated, or by some other scheme
or hack, to updating the cpus_allowed of each task in that cpuset, then
I'm ok.

Right now, that goal is not met, with the cgroup patches lined up in
*-mm for what will become 2.6.24.

We're getting short of time to fix this.

--
                  I won't rest till it's the best ...
                  Programmer, Linux Scalability