[Devel] Re: Idle time statistics for a container

Herbert Poetzl herbert at 13thfloor.at
Wed Oct 10 11:00:39 PDT 2007

On Wed, Oct 10, 2007 at 07:55:29PM +0530, Srivatsa Vaddagiri wrote:
> Hi Kirill/Hertbert,
> 	Does Openvz or Linux-VServer provide idle time
>       statistics per container?

Linux-VServer accounts the time/ticks a contain was
running and on hold for being over limits, the time
running is broken down into sys/user/etc ...

>       i.e how much time a container has been idle?

so, while it is not accounted per se, it can be easily
calculated from the other vaules ...

> Just exploring whether that be a usefull stats to provide
> on a per-control group basis.

I think it makes perfectly sense to account that, and
a smart version is required to get the statistics
inside a container right :)

best,
Herbert