[Devel] Re: [patch -mm 1/5] mqueue namespace : add struct mq_namespace

Cedric Le Goater clg at fr.ibm.com
Tue Oct 2 05:21:27 PDT 2007

>> however, we have an issue with the signal notification in __do_notify()
>> we could kill a process in a different pid namespace.
>
> So I took a quick look at the code as it is (before this patchset)
> and the taking a reference to a socket and the taking a reference to
> a struct pid should do the right thing when we intersect with other
> namespaces.  It certainly does not look like a fundamental issue.

right. this should be covered when the pid namespace signal handling is
complete. kill_pid_info() should fail to send a signal to a sibling or
a parent pid namespace.

I guess we should add a WARNING() to say that we're attempting to do so.

> In practice the patchset as written  does conflict with the network
> namespace work in the net-2.6.24 tree so some adjustments will need
> to be made.

I think no more than fixing the CLONE flags in sched.h and the conflicts
in nsproxy.c.

Thanks !

C.