[Devel] Re: [patch -mm 0/5] mqueue namespace

Cedric Le Goater clg at fr.ibm.com
Tue Oct 2 04:06:29 PDT 2007

Eric W. Biederman wrote:
> Cedric Le Goater <clg at fr.ibm.com> writes:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Here's the mqueue namespace patchset.
>>
>> If you're OK with it, I'll rebase on the next -mm which should contain
>> the new CONFIG_NAMESPACES and send to andrew.
>
> Well the CLONE flag is a conflict with the network namespace.

Indeed. For the moment, this is for review because I'm waiting for a few
namespace patches to go in -mm. When this time comes, I'll rebase.

> I was hoping someone had managed to make message queues work
> through the filesystem API and then this would just be a matter
> of multiple mounts of a filesystem.

I've added a small helper routine to handle the case of a single
super_block per namespace. I called it get_sb_single_per_data()

It could be used in pid namespace also and probably a few other fs.

> However given the syscalls and the rest I guess this really does
> count as a separate namespace :(

yep ...

C.