[Devel] Re: [patch 1/1] selinux: do not clear f_op when removing entries

Christoph Hellwig hch at infradead.org
Wed Nov 21 06:13:47 PST 2007

On Wed, Nov 21, 2007 at 09:01:36AM -0500, Stephen Smalley wrote:
> Do not clear f_op when removing entries since it isn't safe to do.

If this is still safe for selinux I'm fine with it.  It also gets rid
of one of them few remaining s_files users which is always good.

Btw, after this patch we should be able to kill all places that check
for a non-zero file->f_op because it should never be non-zero.  Of course
we'll need an actual audit first to make sure nothing has been slipping
through.