[Devel] PPC64 Kernel 2.6.18 + RPM packages

Christian Kaiser2 CKAISER2 at de.ibm.com
Wed May 30 02:52:02 PDT 2007

devel-bounces at openvz.org wrote on 05/25/2007 04:34:39 PM:

> > /etc/init.d/vz start seems to work without errors. I was able to start
an
> > VE and to enter it. I will do a more precise testing next week.

Here I am back from testing. Creating, starting and stopping a VE works
great. Then I did testing with LTP syscall Testing Suite on a native JS21
Blade and then inside a VE (with all capabilities except syspcap) that I
created from a selfmade FC6-ppc template.

Unfortunately some tests fail already on the native running FC6 with Kernel
2.6.18-028stab033:

swapon02, vmsplice01

And these tests fail inside a VE:

syslog12, ustat01, ustat02 + the two tests I mentionned above.

That means that the same tests fail inside a powerpc64 VE like in a x86 VE.
Thats a great effort, I guess, because we could say that OpenVZ runs
"stable" on powerpc64. Now I'll try to find out why these two tests fail
when they run natively.

> > Thank you very much and please add the patch to the git repository of
> > 2.6.18-openvz!
> thanks, queued :)
>
> Thanks,
> Kirill

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best Regards
Christian Kaiser
--
IBM Deutschland Entwicklung GmbH
Open Systems Firmware Development
mail: ckaiser2 at de.ibm.com

IBM Deutschland Entwicklung GmbH
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Martin Jetter
Geschäftsführung: Herbert Kircher
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Böblingen