[Devel] PPC64 fairsched_chwt: No such file or directory

Christian Kaiser2 CKAISER2 at de.ibm.com
Thu May 24 07:48:54 PDT 2007

Hi all,

as I mentioned already yesterday I get this error when I try to start the
OpenVZ service:

[root at s10b10-0 ~]# /etc/init.d/vz start
Starting OpenVZ:                                           [  OK  ]
Bringing up interface venet0:                              [  OK  ]
Configuring interface venet0:                              [  OK  ]
vzctl set 0 --cpuunits 1000 failed: Setting CPU units: 1000
fairsched_chwt: No such file or directory
WARNING: Settings were not saved and will be resetted to or[FAILED]alues on
next start (use --save flag)

I tried the latest kernels 2.6.18 and 2.6.20 with CONFIG_SCHED_VCPU=y and
CONFIG_FAIRSCHED=y
For both kernels the vzctl command ends up with the same error.

Can someone explain me why it is searching for a file or directory? Is
fairsched_chwt a device?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best Regards
Christian Kaiser
--
IBM Deutschland Entwicklung GmbH
Open Systems Firmware Development
mail: ckaiser2 at de.ibm.com

IBM Deutschland Entwicklung GmbH
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Martin Jetter
Geschäftsführung: Herbert Kircher
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Böblingen