[Devel] PPC64 Kernel 2.6.18 + RPM packages

Christian Kaiser2 CKAISER2 at de.ibm.com
Wed May 23 06:34:36 PDT 2007

Alexey Dobriyan <adobriyan at sw.ru> wrote on 05/23/2007 03:06:10 PM:

> On Wed, May 23, 2007 at 04:41:03PM +0400, Kirill Korotaev wrote:
> > Christian Kaiser2 wrote:
> > > [root at s10b10-0 vzctl-3.0.16]# /etc/init.d/vz start
> > > Starting OpenVZ:                                           [  OK  ]
> > > Bringing up interface venet0:                              [  OK  ]
> > > Configuring interface venet0:                              [  OK  ]
> > > vzctl set 0 --cpuunits 1000 failed: Setting CPU units: 1000
> > > fairsched_chwt: No such file or directory
> > > WARNING: Settings were not saved and will be resetted to
> or[FAILED]alues on
> > > next start (use --save flag)
> > >
> > > What is "fairsched_chwt"? And why is it missing in my
> configuration?? An VE
> > > creation works fine:
> >
> > this is due to not set CONFIG_FAIRSCHED option in your kernel .config
file.

> It would return -ENOSYS then?

When, where and what should return "-ENOSYS"?

I rechecked my .config file and I've seen that
CONFIG_SCHED_VCPU=y
CONFIG_FAIRSCHED=y
is already in it. But I cannot find it in the menuconfig. The menu of
powerpc architecture is a bit different than i386. So perhaps I just
haven't seen it... where should I find it then?

So what I posted before is perhaps wrong. CONFIG_FAIRSCHED _was set_ in
.config file. But I got the error "fairsched_chwt: No such file or
directory".

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best Regards
Christian Kaiser
--
IBM Deutschland Entwicklung GmbH
Open Systems Firmware Development
mail: ckaiser2 at de.ibm.com

IBM Deutschland Entwicklung GmbH
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Martin Jetter
Geschäftsführung: Herbert Kircher
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Böblingen