[Devel] PPC64 Kernel 2.6.18 + RPM packages

Kir Kolyshkin kir at openvz.org
Wed May 23 05:51:07 PDT 2007

Christian Kaiser2 wrote:
> It seems to be that there is a mixture of 32 and 64 bit binaries and libs.

vzctl should be compiled with -m64 flag to gcc. There is a code in
configure.ac for that:

if test x$build_cpu = xppc64; then
        CFLAGS="${CFLAGS} -m64"
fi

So it looks like in your case $build_cpu is set to something different
than 'ppc64' -- can you tell us its value so we can fix this
configure.ac code accordingly?

As a workaround, you may do
 CFLAGS="-m64" ./configure
 make clean