[Devel] dead code: EXT3_IOC_WAIT_FOR_READONLY?

Vasily Averin vvs at sw.ru
Fri Mar 16 04:16:28 PDT 2007

Hi all,

I've found some strange ext3 ioctl under CONFIG_JBD_DEBUG:
EXT3_IOC_WAIT_FOR_READONLY.

I had DEBUG_SPINLOCK enabled and my kernel was crashed on wait-for-readonly.c
test from ext3-tools because ioctl handler tries to use uninitialized
EXT3_SB(sb)->ro_wait_queue and waits EXT3_SB(sb)->turn_ro_timer that nobody uses
in kernel.

I do not understand the function of this ioctl and believe this code is dead
long time ago. From my POV it makes sense to remove it from kernel instead of
fixing it. Has somebody any objections?

Thank you,
	Vasily Averin