[Devel] Memory Resource Management wiki page

Dave Hansen hansendc at us.ibm.com
Wed Mar 14 14:50:10 PDT 2007

OK, I'm really getting confused about what is going on.  We have some
people arguing for "Software Zones" some for Beancounters, others for
even more. :)

Can we put together some kind of summary of what we _all_ need?

I've made a wiki page:

http://linux-mm.org/SoftwareZones

There are "Requirements" and "Icing on the Cake".  The Requirements
should be few and far between.  Please don't confuse "my patch can do
this today" with "we *must* have this" :).  But, if I missed a basic
requirement, please add it.

Let's also go and mark up how each approach stacks up against the
requirements and "Icing" points.  I think most of us are forgetting
where we're causing others' pain.  A big red cell in a table should
help.

If you hate wikis, please just send any comments to me, and I'll
transfer them over there.

-- Dave