[Devel] sysfs entries inside VE

Christian Kaiser2 CKAISER2 at de.ibm.com
Tue Jun 26 07:34:35 PDT 2007

Hi all,

I wanted to know how the sysfs inside a VE is managed. I had a look at the
init_ve_sysfs() in kernel/ve/vecalls.c but it is really hard for me to read
the code. Want I want to do is to have a copy of some necessary sysfs
entries of the host system that are used by libspe2 so that I can use
libspe2 inside a VE. Necessary for me are the directories including their
subdirectories and files of:

      /sys/devices/system/cpu
      /sys/devices/system/spu

I found this comment twice in the function I mentioned above "/* ick, this
is ugly, the things we go through to keep from showing up in sysfs...
*/"... so let me do another dirty hack!!

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best Regards
Christian Kaiser
--
IBM Deutschland Entwicklung GmbH
Open Systems Firmware Development
mail: ckaiser2 at de.ibm.com

IBM Deutschland Entwicklung GmbH
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Martin Jetter
Geschäftsführung: Herbert Kircher
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Böblingen