[Devel] Re: [patch -rss] Make RSS accounting display more user friendly

Balbir Singh balbir at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Mon Jun 25 05:45:47 PDT 2007

Paul Menage wrote:
> On 6/22/07, Balbir Singh <balbir at linux.vnet.ibm.com> wrote:
>>
>> The problem with input in bytes is that the user will have to ensure
>> that the input is
>> a  multiple of page size, which implies that she would need to use the
>> calculator every time.
>>

> Having input in bytes seems pretty natural to me. Why not just have
> the RSS controller round the input to the nearest page (or whatever
> granularity of memory the controller is able to limit at)?
>
> Paul

Hi, Paul,

I am not a CLUI expert, but rounding off bytes will something that
the administrators will probably complain about. Since we manage
the controller memory in pages, it might be the easiest unit to use.
The output is totally different matter.

Having said that, I am not opposed to your suggestion, I'll see if
I can find good CLUI guidelines.

--
	Warm Regards,
	Balbir Singh