[Devel] Kernel 2.6.22-rc4-mm2 and OpenVZ

Kirill Korotaev dev at sw.ru
Mon Jun 18 05:40:58 PDT 2007

Christian,

there is still a lot to do in mainstream.
currently mainstream includes ipc and utsname namespaces, pid namespace
is being actively worked on, networking is worked on as well.
Also -mm tree includes containers patches which allow to group tasks
and which will be used for resource management.

About API: OpenVZ is tracking these changes and it's APIs will
be supported for a long time on top of that. However, mainstream
API will be different, but as well supported by OVZ tools.

Thanks,
Kirill