[Devel] Re: [0/1] [patch -mm] Add containerstats (v3)

Paul Menage menage at google.com
Sat Jun 9 01:07:53 PDT 2007

On 6/9/07, Andrew Morton <akpm at linux-foundation.org> wrote:

> - CONTAINER_DEBUG should depend on CONTAINERS

CONTAINER_DEBUG is actually a container subsystem whose sole purpose
is to provide debugging information about any hierarchy that it's
mounted as a part of. So in some senses it's in the same boat as
something like cpusets or the RSS controller. CONFIG_CONTAINER_DEBUG
doesn't affect any of the container framework code.

> - the CPUSETS && SMP is weird and should be deleted, unless I'm missing
>   something

Cpusets depends on SMP in the vanilla tree, so that's not anything new
that I added.

> - CONTAINERS should depend on CPUSETS

You mean the other way around?

> - That leaves CONTAINER_CPUACCT.

Really, CONTAINER_CPUACCT should have the same relationship to
CONTAINERS as CPUSETS does.

Paul