[Devel] nptl perf bench and profiling with pidns patchsets

Pavel Emelianov xemul at openvz.org
Sat Jun 9 01:10:25 PDT 2007

Cedric Le Goater wrote:
> Pavel and all,

[snip]

> findings are :
>
> * definitely better results for suka's patchset. suka's patchset is
>   also getting better results with unixbench on a 2.6.22-rc1-mm1 but
>   the values are really dispersed. can you confirm ?
> * suka's patchset would benefit from some optimization in init_upid()
>   and dup_struct_pid()

We have found the reason why Suka's patches showed better performance.
Some time ago I sent a letter saying that proc_flush_task() actually
never worked with his patches - that's the main problem. After removing
this call from my patches the results turned to those similar to my.

I'd also like to note that broken-out set of patches is not git bisect
safe at all. The very first patch of his own OOPSes the node. Some
subsequent patches contain misprints that break the compilation, etc.

So I ask you again - let us prepare our patches again and compare the
performance one more time.

Thanks,
Pavel