[Devel] containers development plans

Serge E. Hallyn serge at hallyn.com
Tue Jul 17 03:17:12 PDT 2007

Quoting Rohit Seth (rohitseth at google.com):
> On Sat, 2007-07-14 at 05:21 +0200, Kir Kolyshkin wrote:
> > I just got an idea -- what about organizing a one-day "containers
> > mini-summit" just before the Kernel Summit? We can all meet face to
> > face, discuss all the issues and come out with a good plan for KS talk.
>
> Do you know who is doing the presentation in KS for containers?

Nope, that is not decided yet, but we should know soon.

> > That does not mean we shouldn't discuss it here, of course -- it's just
> > to make it "polished".
> >
> > I guess organizers of LinuxConf Europe (which takes place just before
> > the KS) will have a facility (i.e. a room) for us.
> >
> > What do you think?
>
> I think this is a good idea.  There will be couple folks from Google if
> this is arranged.

Unfortunately I'm unlikely to be there (late notice - I really need to
keep a better list of upcoming conferences and proposal deadlines!).
But it still sounds like a good idea.

Depending on the format of the containers mini-summit, would it make
sense to set up a phone number so others can dial in?  Or would it be
better to have a smaller group anyway?

-serge