[Devel] Re: containers development plans (July 10 version)

Srivatsa Vaddagiri vatsa at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Jul 12 07:45:57 PDT 2007

On Thu, Jul 12, 2007 at 05:51:35PM +0400, Kirill Korotaev wrote:
> I don't see much about resource management here at all.
> We need resource controls for a lot of stuff like
> - RSS
> - kernel memory and different parameters like number of tasks
> - disk quota
> - disk I/O
> - CPU fairness
> - CPU limiting
> - container aware OOM
>
> imho it is all related and should be discussed.

Kirill,
	Definitely. I was supposed to provide a roadmap to Serge on our
resource management plans, which I haven't gotten around to provide yet.
Mostly, our interest is with cpu, memory and disk I/O controls (which
you have listed above). How abt putting together a roadmap on resource
management that can be used for kernel-summit discussion? I will send
out later a tentative roadmap for resource management that we are planning on.

--
Regards,
vatsa