[Devel] Re: Re: Hang with fair cgroup scheduler (reproducer is attached.)

Steven Rostedt rostedt at goodmis.org
Sun Dec 16 07:32:54 PST 2007

On Sun, 16 Dec 2007, Dmitry Adamushko wrote:
> Steven,
>
> I guess, there is some analogue of UNLOCKED_CTXSW on -rt
> (to reduce contention for rq->lock).
> So there can be a race schedule() vs. rt_mutex_setprio() or sched_setscheduler()
> for some paths that might explain crashes you have been observing?
>
> I haven't analyzed this case for -rt, so I'm just throwing in the idea in case it can be useful.

Dmitry,

Thanks! I've been watching this thread on the sidelines with keen
interest. I ran hackbench with my logging over the weekend, and after some
30 hours of running, it finally crashed and gave me a dump of a lot of
interactions in the put_prev_enitity and pick_next_task. I'll analyze this
more on Monday.

-- Steve