[Devel] Re: [RFC][for -mm] memory controller enhancements for reclaiming take2 [0/8] introduction

KAMEZAWA Hiroyuki kamezawa.hiroyu at jp.fujitsu.com
Tue Dec 4 16:44:20 PST 2007

On Tue, 04 Dec 2007 19:55:05 +0530
Balbir Singh <balbir at linux.vnet.ibm.com> wrote:
> KAMEZAWA-San, what happens if we use a little less aggressive set of
> watermarks, something like
>
> 700/300

will test today. you mean low=300M, high=700M, limit=800M case ?

> Can we keep the defaults something close to what each zone uses?
> pages_low, pages_high and pages_min.

After review of Pavel-san, "don't define *default* value" style is used here.
If we use default value, we'll have to detect "we should adjust high/low
watermarks when the limit changes."

That will complicate things and may crash the system administrators policy.
It's not havey work to adjust high/low limit to sutitable value (which was
defined against the workload by system admin) at setting limit.

Thanks,
-kame