[Devel] [patch 0/2][NETNS][RFD] moving fl_net to dst_entry

Daniel Lezcano dlezcano at fr.ibm.com
Tue Dec 11 05:12:31 PST 2007

Actually the fl_net field from the struct flowi is not acceptable.

The patchset is a example in how we can use the dst_entry/rtable with flowi and
how we can retrieve netns with container_of. The interesting part is we can use
flowi to retrieve the netns without modifying the structure itself. The drawback
is we have to ensure in the network code flowi is not called without being
encaspulated in a rtable structure. As far as I see there are a few places where
we use flowi directly coming from a local variable in a function.

If this approach is acceptable, I can move forward and post something for ipv4.