[Devel] [ANNOUNCE] The Linux Test Project has been Released for AUGUST 2007

Subrata Modak subrata at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Aug 30 22:42:47 PDT 2007

*Dear All*,

The Linux Test Project test suite has been released for the month of
AUGUST 2007. The latest version of the test-suite contains 3000+ tests
for the Linux OS and can be found at http://ltp.sourceforge.net/. Latest
happenings in LTP can also be found at:
http://ltp.sourceforge.net/wiki/, and
http://ltp.sourceforge.net/wikiArchives.php.

Our web site also contains other information such as:
- A Linux test tools matrix
- Technical papers
- How To's on Linux testing
- Code coverage analysis tool.

*Release Highlights:*
 ** * Integration of NUMA testcases*
 * *Releases of RHEL5 LSPP Certification Test suite***
 * * Release of LTP-KDUMP Test-Case Plan*
 * * Release of Containers Testcases Plan*
 * * Release of GCOV-Kernel & LCOV Packages*
 ** Merging of OPEN_HPI_TESTSUITE-2.9.3 to LTP*
 * Addition of a new Test Case 'swapon03'
 * Many more Bug Fixes and Patches
*
*Note(s) from the Maintainer:*
You will see couple of new test-cases in LTP in coming months and also
broken testcases getting fixed slowly. We want to revisit all testcases
and hence the time taken is long. From every release onwards you will
also find results of LTP-RUNALL on different Architectures (_*ia64,
x86_64, i386, PPC64, s390x*_) on varied Kernels & Distros. This will
give you more insight into the behaviour of LTP across different platforms.

We encourage the community to post results to ltp-results at lists.sf.net,
and patches, new tests, bugs or comments/questions to ltp-list at lists.sf.net,
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=add&group_id=3382&atid=103382 (for
New Bug(s)),
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=add&group_id=3382&atid=303382 (for
New Patch(s)),
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=add&group_id=3382&atid=353382 (for
New Feature Request(s))

Please also see the ChangeLog Attached (AUGUST 2007):

Happy testing,
Regards--
Subrata Modak,