[Devel] containers mini-summit?

Oren Laadan orenl at cs.columbia.edu
Tue Aug 14 15:02:00 PDT 2007

Hi all,

[very brief intro: I'm with the Zap project; finally have time to join the
discussions after a short period of passively watching the list]

There is a good chance I'll be passing nearby, and that would be an excellent
opportunity for me to personally meet those who plan to attend, as well
as kick-start Zap's involvement, mainly focusing on checkpoint/restart.

I'm not sure if there is already a set date for the mini-summit; I recall
the 3rd or 4th were suggested. Since I'll be in transit, it will be helpful
to set one so I can plan accordingly. So if not set yet, I vote for the
earliest possible (2nd, 3rd or 4th).

Serge E. Hallyn wrote:
> Quoting Kir Kolyshkin (kir at openvz.org):
>> Serge E. Hallyn wrote:
>>> I just sent the next (final) version of the containers development
>>> roadmap.  Eric Biederman and Paul Menage will be at kernel summit
>>> representing this work.
>>>
>>> We had planned on having a containers mini-summit the day before the
>>> kernel summit.  However interest in that appears as though it may be
>>> too low to justify having a real mini-summit.
>>>
>>> So we have a few options:
>>>
>>> 	1. we could have a mini-summit purely by phone.
>>> 	2. there is a possibility of using a part of a
>>> 	   conference room from LCE, if attendance will
>>> 	   be low.  However, having a phone line to include
>>> 	   those who cannot attend would be unlikely.
>>> 	3. if there is a large planned attendance, we could
>>> 	   continue to seek a separate venue for the
>>> 	   mini-summit.
>>>
>>> Who is interested in (a) attending the mini-summit in person, (b)
>>> attending the mini-summit by phone, or (c) not interested?
>>>
>> I will be there in person as well (in readonly^Wobserver mode I guess).
>
> Ok so far we have Pavel, Kir, Kirill, and hopefully Eric, Paul, and
> Cedric.  Balbir, did I hear a rumer that you might be able to go?

[SNIP]