[Devel] linking with vzctl library

Dmitry V. Levin ldv at altlinux.org
Mon Apr 23 03:02:55 PDT 2007

Hi,

On Mon, Apr 23, 2007 at 12:50:19AM +0200, Standa Kunc wrote:
> I would like to link my C program with vzctl library to be able to
> start and stop virtual machines.
>
> My question is the same as Mateus Baur had, see
> http://forum.openvz.org/index.php?t=msg&goto=10586&#msg_10586
>
> Error message:
> /usr/lib/libvzctl-0.0.2.so: undefined reference to `g_log'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

The question I had to ask here long time ago: why g_log symbol is not
provided by the library?  Asking every client to provide the g_log
structure just to link executable does not look wise.
JFYI, I had to move the g_log symbol to the library in the ALT's vzctl
package, otherwise clients won't link with -Wl,--as-needed at all.

--
ldv