[Devel] mailing list settings removes From: ?

Kir Kolyshkin kir at openvz.org
Sun Apr 22 21:43:08 PDT 2007

Cedric Le Goater wrote:
> Hello !
>
> Whenever I reply to an email sent on the openvz mailing the To: used is
> devel at openvz.org, which is ok, but the person who it was from, is not in
> the Cc: ...
>
> This feels wrong. Can you confirm the behavior and eventually fix it ?

Cedric,

In fact  the mailman was adding explicit "Reply-To:" header so replies
would go to the list. It didn't strip neither "From:" nor existing
"Reply-To:" headers -- they were intact. Still, it looks like my MUA
(Thunderbird) ignores everything if Reply-To is set.

So I removed this setting, thus from now on mailman will not add
explicit Reply-To.

Regards,
  Kir.