[Devel] Re: Getting the new RxRPC patches upstream

David Miller davem at davemloft.net
Fri Apr 20 01:58:38 PDT 2007

From: David Howells <dhowells at redhat.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 09:02:07 +0100

> David Miller <davem at davemloft.net> wrote:
>
> > I applied already the patches I thought were appropriate,
> > you had some crypto layer changes that you need to work
> > out with Herbert Xu before the rest can be applied.
>
> Should the rest of it go via Andrew's tree then?

Now that Herbert cleared up the crypto layer issues
the only problem left is that there are generic changes
in there which are not strictly networking but which
your subsequent networking changes depend upon.

This is a mess, and makes merging your work into the
net-2.6.22 tree more difficult.

Is it possible for your changes to be purely networking
and not need those changes outside of the networking?

I guess one of them was just a symbol export which I
could add to the net-2.6.22 tree, but weren't there some
more involved non-networking bits in there?