[Devel] Licensing Userland utils

Enrico Weigelt weigelt at metux.de
Fri Apr 13 02:53:18 PDT 2007

* shuveb at binarykarma.com <shuveb at binarykarma.com> wrote:

Hi folks,

<snip>

> If it needs to support OpenVZ quickly, it would be great if the
> userland control code is available in a library format under the
> LGPL, whereas the utilities  can still be GPL.

I'm not an author of ovz, so I don't take part in this decidion.
But IMHO this is one of the classical cases where some GPL'ed
project developed some library which actually should be LGPL'ed.

So my (insignificant) vote is: yes

BTW: it seems it could make sense to split off these libs to an
own package. If the maintainers like to have that split, just
let me know - I love those jobs ;-)

cu
	http://patches.metux.de/