[Devel] Re: [ckrm-tech] [patch00/05]: Containers(V2)- Introduction

Paul Menage menage at google.com
Wed Sep 20 11:33:25 PDT 2006

On 9/20/06, Peter Zijlstra <a.p.zijlstra at chello.nl> wrote:

> Yes, I read that in your patches, I was wondering how the cpuset
> approach would handle this.

The VM currently has support for letting vmas define their own memory
policies - so specifying that a file-backed vma gets its memory from a
particular set of memory nodes would accomplish that for the fake-node
approach. The mechanism for setting up the per-file/per-vma policies
would probably involve something originating in struct inode or struct
address_space.

Paul