[Devel] Re: [RFC] network namespaces

Dmitry Mishin dim at openvz.org
Tue Sep 12 00:38:16 PDT 2006

Sorry, dont' understand your proposal correctly from the previous talk. :)
But...

On Tuesday 12 September 2006 07:28, Eric W. Biederman wrote:
> Do you have some concrete arguments against the proposal?
Yes, I have. I think it is unnecessary complication. This complication will
followed in additional bugs. Especially if we'll accept rules creation in
userspace. Why we need complex solution, if there are only two approaches to
socket bound - isolation and virtualization? These approaches could co-exist
without hooks. Or you probably have thoughts about other ways?

--
Thanks,
Dmitry.